1.27.2009

Until You're Resting Here With Me

^
^
I have that Dido song in my head...probably because it is the theme song for Roswell. Does anyone remember that show? I remember it for this guy:

I even think his big ears are adorable. Yeah, I said it. Anyway, I'm randomly bringing up this show because I went over to my friend Kendal's (a.k.a. My Zero) house to have dinner and watch a movie.

As she pulled out her dusty box of movies and opened the top flaps, that's when I saw it: The Roswell Series--all three seasons (you know a show is fantastic when it lasts a whole three seasons).

I had a mini-freak out (do I portray my nerdiness well on this blog?) and we proceeded to watch the first three episodes.

The dialogue was...laughable...I mean! It was good, very well-written of course. But putting aside the bad script, the show still had me drawn in. And that's when I realized that I'm a sucker for tortured love affairs, basically anything resembling Romeo and Juilet.

And then I realized HOW MUCH the Twilight series is eerily similar to this show:

[X] Supernatural brooding guy (the guy in Roswell is an alien, guy in Twilight is a vampire)

[X] Unsure, insecure lead girl

[X] Supernatural hunk saves insecure girl

[X] Girl finds out guy's supernatural secret and must keep it to protect him

[X] Supernatural guy's family is uneasy about girl knowing secret, but decides to all work together

I could go on and on...but I'll spare all the silly details. I guess this is a normal formula for a lot of teen books/films/tv shows.

Whatever, I'm just happy I got to experience a little piece of my trivial teen past.

"Cause I won't goooooooo, I won't sleeeeeeeeep, I can't breaaaaaaaathhhe, until you're resting here with me!"

(MAN, what an OVERDRAMATIC song. I love it).


10 comments:

  1. I honestly try to forget that I grew up during the 90's WB television shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...you can't deny it Jidai!! Embrace it, with wide open arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think growing up with 90's shows was melodramatic, I grew up with 80's music (and 90's, too). Glam rock and hair bands galore! The power ballad was what I grew up listening to as a child. No wonder I'm a sap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't strike me as the nerdy type, Ashley.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone who seems to live a fairly drama-free life, you sure do love you some of the geekiest drama out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roswell ... I think my sister has all three seasons, also. That series looked too "out there" for me to just jump right into.

    I haven't posted in 2 months! DEAR LORD!!!!!!!

    ^I'm going to soon! (I have to!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never watched this show, but my old roommate used to LOVE that guy you pictured. I also walked past him on a sidewalk when I was in L.A. once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh MAN that's a good song. When I first got that cd I had just put a 10" speaker in the back of my car. (Think loves music, not ghetto.) That song blaring with that speaker? Ugh. Love me some Dido.

    ReplyDelete