2.24.2009

I Can't Complain

I realize that the majority of my posts are happy, sunny, shiny posts. Maybe I even disgust myself with these posts sometimes. haha.

I just can't help my optimism.

Maybe cause if you would have visited this blog merely a year ago, you would have read about a depressed, hurt Ashley getting over a boy that broke her trust. Now that I've broken free from that sadness, why would I want to go back?

Thinking in a positive manner makes you freeeeeeeee--free to make a decision, instead of being trapped. I don't mean thinking in an unrealistic manner, so don't confuse the two. (i.e. I believe I can fly, so let me jump off this roof). I'm not crazy or foolish, I just choose to see the bright side.

I don't know. Maybe I'm too utopian, but I don't care.

It's an over-used line, but I have to say it, "You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Yes, well, I am a dreamer. And damn proud of it.

Life is great, life is fantastic, life is smashing...open up your eyes, and you will see it too.

8 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with introducing a little John Lennon into your everyday life. As a reader of this blog I can say that your optimism and all around feel goodery has been noticed, and been inspiring. Keep on keepin' on Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. toastie--awwwwww, thankyou! that totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead and rub it in why don't ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you! ... but how about a negative post every now and again so i can feel normal, ha. go ahead, feel your inner rob. :)

    on a side note, your tweet today reminded me of the bella vita pizzeria in ny. so damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE this!!! a little optimism goes a super long way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There has to be someone out there on the internets to counterbalance my enormous aura of bitterness.

    ReplyDelete