2.22.2009

The Midnight Society

Does anyone else remember Are You Afraid of the Dark?

That show was ballin'! But seriously now, they don't make kid shows like that no mo'! Disney and Nickelodeon have become too PC and uninteresting now-a-days. Like...Hannah Montana. I mean, come on! How stupid can a show's theme get?

What happened to outstanding, weird, out-there shows like:
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Doug
  • Pete & Pete
  • Salute Your Shorts
  • Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers
  • Eureka's Castle
  • Fraggle Rock
???????

It's just so sad.

On a happy note, my friend Ali and I came across a site that still had Are You Afraid of the Dark? episodes posted. ( I say this because Viacom snatched almost every illegally posted video off the web...like they don't have enough money!)

Visit if you dare...mwahahaha!!! Ali and I watched the doll one. I was one brave child to watch all that scary crap! What the hell happened?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVED 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark'. Seriously. It scared me so badly, but I loved it! I might watch some episodes of that tonight, y'know, just for old time's sake!

    And my actual birthday's the 23rd February, so it's on Monday =) Yes, the boy is cute, so I think I'll keep him!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...Fraggle Rock...that takes me back. Did you ever watch that TV show Dinosaurs? All I remember is that the main character was named Earl and the baby dinosaur was still in half an eggshell...I wonder what ever happened to that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jackie--it totally was scary!! Happy Birthday to both of us :)

    frank--YES! haha, I do remember that show. I don't think I watched it religiously, but it was one that I liked.

    I have come to the conclusion that I watched entirely too much TV as a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed by just how weird those shows were, especially Pete and Pete. I'm still surprised Nickelodeon ever ran them. I also miss Clarissa Explains it All and Hey Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fear not; there's a new Fraggle Rock movie hitting theaters in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ashley--YES. those were masterpieces as well.

    "Heyyyyyyy Duuuuuuude..."

    jay--WHAT?!? You better not be lying to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Artie. The strongest man...IN THE WORLD!!

    I loved me some Pete and Pete. The elder Pete would show up in randomly in some what crappy teen comedies of the early 2000's (see 40 Days 40 Nights, Slackers)

    What I want to know is what ever happened to Budnick?? Pinsky is in some semi-popular band you kids are listening to these days, Riley Kilo is it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to watch all the shows you listed. I'd like to know where they went too. If there ever was such a thing as good television, those shows were it. :)

    ReplyDelete