4.28.2009

Selah!

The way Lauryn Hill sings about God is the way I feel about God. I live and breathe this everyday, and it has made me a better person. I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free...






I posted this because sometimes it is very difficult to explain spirituality. This clip doesn't use wordy paragraphs to explain, it just shows. And it makes me tear up (and I don't ever cry during movies, I'll have you know).

**Selah, by the way, is thought to mean "praise and meditation" or "focus on this verse." They don't know the exact definition, but it is found all over the book of Psalms.

7 comments:

  1. As much as I love all kinds of music, there is nothing in this world that makes me feel more absolutely complete than singing a song to (or about) the Lord. I firmly believe that all people were made to worship God.

    Check out this one, sung by John Legend:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZrVqd0ahQ

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny...I love watching Sister Act 2 just for the musical numbers. Lauryn Hill's gorgeous voice, before she was big time (right?), always gets to me, whether it's a religious song or outside of religion. My favorite song out with her was the duet in Nothing Even Matters with D'Angelo. Here is the song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq74brqYeJI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually ant, I know that song, cause I have that CD. One of my favorite CDs of ALL TIME, it may be my very favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and D, that was a good one, thanks :)

    John Legend is pretty baller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. granted its not in a top 5, but i have seen it a few times, but never realized it was lauryn hill. she's def got some singing skillz, but she also has some splainin to do. she needs to be given a what for for breaking up the fugees. ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten she was in this movie. Also, where is Lauryn Hill these days?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauryn really shied away from the spotlight. The fame was too much for her, I think.

    ReplyDelete