6.25.2009

M.J. the Legend

I'm still a little weirded out by Michael's death. Only cause ever since I can remember, he seemed larger than life to me. Since my birth, Michael has been the M.V.P. of pop music--I grew up knowing him to be the definition of pop. So in a way, it feels like the death of a force of nature, somehow.

Even though he pulled some crazy stunts, I always felt sorry for the guy. Who can handle that much fame at such a young age and turn out okay?

He's gone earlier than I thought he would be, but I suppose a tragic life begets a tragic death.

My top five Michael/Jackson 5 songs: "Never Can Say Goodbye," "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough," "Billie Jean," Who's Lovin' You," and "Beat It."

"Billie Jean" is the best, hands down, and is easily in my top 10 favorite songs from any artist.

P.S. Being sad over a celebrity's death is not pathetic. Just like any person you run across in life, a celebrity has the power to move us, even if we don't know them personally. I believe this especially goes for musicians, authors, artists and the like.

6 comments:

  1. I grew up as his career was winding down, but I remember how awesome it was when my friend brought her music video collection over and we would watch all his videos.

    As for the list... Thriller? Smooth Criminal?...

    Billie Jean is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooth Criminal is great fun to dance too, but not a favorite. Thriller is OBVIOUSLY a classic! But it doesn't beat what I have in the top 5 already :)

    Maybe cause I love Motown that much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The kid is not my son." Wow, did that song go right over my head when I was younger. ;)

    I don't know if I can give a top 5, but my fave right now is "Who Is It?" The beginning is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am suprised that PYT did not make your list!!!

    listening to it right now! I think Michael J. will always remind me of when we lived together! Rockin out in our room!

    -Pug Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite music video is "Smooth Criminal". Best dance video ever.

    My favorite song is "Human Nature".

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, "PYT" is also close to my top 5. So is "Rock With You." They are like, number 6 and 7. So hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete