9.19.2009

I Won't Stop Believing

Have you heard the Glee version of "Don't Stop Believin'?" Simply brilliant. On top of this, have you seen the show Glee? I recently watched it online. Can you say, new obsession?!?

Anyway, back to the song...



When I heard this song the other day, it was a bit inspiring to me. Which is funny, because, I've heard this song a million times before, but it never affected me much. When I think of it, I think of drunk girls holding out a strong fist in the air, belligerently belting out the chorus, then tripping up over the rest of the song.

But for the first time, I really listened to the lyrics, and they really struck me. Probably because I've been in a bit of a rut.

God sends the right messages to you at the right times, including cheesy lines like DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' (be careful to note, you are uncool if you spell it "believing").

Despite the silly lyrics, it's a great message to the downhearted. When you feel stuck, there's always a way out.

I realize how privileged I am, and how my "being stuck" is nothing compared to what many in the world go through. But that doesn't mean that I'm incapable of feeling sad, or feeling like life has lost its fervor.

That passion that is missing in life can always be won back. So, on that note, I e-mailed numerous English schools in Turkey inquiring about teaching positions. I am beyond-the-moon over this idea. It stirs something inside me...an extra excitement that has been hiding for a few months.

Nothing is promised, and I am just in preliminary research over this whole plan. But I really want to do it. I think I can find a way.


Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Dont stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'...

I'll hold onto that feeling.

5 comments:

  1. That song is fun to play on Rock Band too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the song so much, or the words, but I do like the voice of the girl singing (I have liked this song when I was growing up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an awesome post, but it would have been more awesome if Journey didn't suck so bad :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. alright, i'm going to have to channel barry and say, 'holy shiiite, what the f was that?' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great post for an amazing song :]

    ReplyDelete