10.20.2009

All Hallows Eve PARTAYYYYY.

OH man...it's been over a week since I've posted. Now, that doesn't happen often. I've been kind of absent from the internet in general. Sometimes, that is so needed. Too much brain stimulation all week. I kinda want to give my brain a bit of a rest.

I've also been busy planning a Halloween party with my roommates. It will be Alice in Wonderland-themed, and I will be the white rabbit (since I am prompt in real life!). I was gonna use this costume last year, but I never did. So this whole party, and this whole theme, is revolving around the fact that I need to use my dormant costume. I've successfully convinced all my roomies to go with this theme. Yaaaay!

If you have any suggestions for creative food/decorations/drinks, TELL MEEEEEE!

Also, I'm deciding to show a couple scary movies. So far, I've decided to show The Shining. Any others that I should show?

You guys are creative...I need your help!

4 comments:

  1. It's like you've read my mind, Ashley. Seriously. I'm trying to get hold of this Alice In Wonderland dress right now because David and I are doing an Alice-themed shoot (isn't he the most amazing photographer? He actually made me look good in the photos you liked!). I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy the one I've found which is custom made! Um, awesome?

    Anyway, suggestion for decorations/food/drinks, etc. G'wan and make a giant pitcher of SWEET TEH, SUGAH. But you could make it with a twist and make it alcoholic sweet tea... or just make Long Island Iced Teas! Set up a "croquet corner" and get some of those pink flamingo plastic lawn decorations. Little finger sandwiches (cucumber sandwiches is kind of a must) and tea cakes? Lots of different kinds of tea cups. Hang up lots of clocks/pictures of clocks everywhere. Maybe hide a couple of pictures of white rabbits around the place, too. Half red-half white rose bushes/trees, too. Um, what else... you don't have a cat, but you can dress the wee doggie up as a cat and call him Dinah... ;)

    I'm sure I'll think of more stuff, but that should keep you going for now! Jealous of your awesome Halloween Partay fun! Right now I've got no plans, but I reaaally want to dress up and go mad.

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest either Cannibal the Musical for some laughs, or The Orphanage for a really good scare movie.

    Of course this all really depends on the mood of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just get everyone drunk as quickly as possible, and no matter what you do it'll be a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. any nicolas cage movie as of late is pretty darn scary ... but that may not be the kind of scary you're talking about. :-P

    ReplyDelete