10.01.2009

Everyday is a New Day

I've been having a few bad days, up until today. Today was refreshing. Probably because I approached the day with a different state of mind--knowing I needed to be more patient and relaxed, I kinda forced myself into that mood. It worked.

"No one can diminish you except for yourself."

A line from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Not sure why I like this movie so much (I saw it for the first time over the weekend). Not a movie I would necessarily recommend for others, but definitely a movie that puts me in a good mood. A chick flick at its finest. teehee.

I can't expect to always have great days--a tough thing to hear for the eternal optomist. But no matter how bad the day, a good day is right around the corner. Always. There are always better days.

6 comments:

  1. I find having an optimist around the house certainly makes my days brighter. Glad to hear you are doing well, hope your days do get brighter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But no matter how bad the day, a good day is right around the corner. Always. There are always better days."

    I like your quote...without having to watch that movie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is just one big Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book, only you can't mark your place with 4 different fingers in case you have to backtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Momma said there'd be days like this...

    ...are you going to watch New Moon at the theatre, by any chance? I finally saw Twilight on DVD, and although I wasn't crazy about it, I did find it interesting. Mainly because it was fun to figure out why people liked it so much (glittering vampire = romanticized antihero).

    ReplyDelete
  5. anthony--yes, I will be seeing that silly movie at the theatre. It brings out the 14-year-old girl in me, something that is deliciously fun to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw that movie a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it too. Something about those movies/books really annoy me (mostly the fabulous trips to Greece and Ivy League schools), but I also really love them.

    ReplyDelete