3.23.2010

Bulletproof

I am a bit obsessed with this song at the moment. heh heh.

Maybe because it reminds me of being in Turkey and watching Euro Pop videos (love that!). I have a *thing* for quirky, off-beat pop. And I cannot deny the enormous desire to DANCE MY ASS OFF when this song comes on!! Plus, I was born in the 80s, so I gotta love this 80s sound :D

I must look into this artist; I'm sure of you already know her...

LA ROUX 'BULLETPROOF' from soyo on Vimeo.

*and I was just reading up that this is a duo act, actually. One that sings, one that does the synthesizing.

7 comments:

  1. crrrraaaaaaazzzyyyy. it's like one of those things that i'm not supposed to like, but then *synthesizer bleep bloop swing* (that's all i'm saying).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. I like it, Ash! It's weird, but catchy. And she has a good voice.

    Funny how she's so stiff and barely dances, but I think that's part of the whole gimmick. I think I saw her start to bob her head once, and then she stopped herself.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the stiffness is totally part of her act, you're right. She's trying to put on a tough face, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot that you guys probably won't know La Roux, or at least that she's only just starting to break out into the US. How about Paloma Faith or Florence + The Machine? Ash I think you'd be totally into both of them. I plan on busting out some Paloma Faith at karaoke when I'm in Portland in April! You should listen to 'Upside Down' (PF) and 'You Got The Love' (F+TM).

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love any music recommendations you have, JAX! European/English music takes AGES to bust into American territory. I will totally look up what you suggested :)

    ReplyDelete