In no particular order, here are my favorite holiday rituals:
- Watching The Holiday, Love Actually and most importantly, A Christmas Story. I love all three movies immensely. The Holiday surprised me with how damn good it was. Love Actually has become a modern holiday staple. A Christmas Story is hands down the BEST Christmas movie EVER. No, there are no debates over this subject. This is my blog and what I say here goes. ha.
- The purchase and fast consumption of Peppermint Mocha Creamer. OH YEAH BABY.
- December Nights in San Diego. It is an annual festival of food, dancing, twinkling lights and free admission to museums in SD's historic Balboa Park. I adore it. And guess what? There is a little multicultural food area where Turkey is represented. What, What?! Chicken Döner Kabab here I come!!
A pic of me on the bridge heading to December Nights last year. I love the energy of the whole festival :)
- Painting my nails some kind of Santa, holly-berry red.
- SWEATER AND SCARF SEASON! And can I say, I love seeing men in sweaters! Adorable.
- Hot Chocolate by a fireplace. Yeah, OK. San Diego doesn't get as cold as, let's say, D.C., but we still like to pretend it's winter here!!
- A few listens to "All I Want For Christmas is You," (Mariah Carey version), "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays," (YES, by *NSYNC--still a fan) and "Oh Holy Night," (any good version) because it's my favorite Christmas song.
Well, anyway...I realize that today is Thanksgiving, so can I just say that I'm thankful for you? Because I am. Thank you readers, comrades and friends, for being a virtual ear...listening to my irrational worries and ramblings right here on this blog. Thanks for your support, thanks for your friendship, thanks for your community.
I heart you.