1.22.2011

Perfectly Acceptable Ashley

It's perfectly acceptable:

  • to like my pizza cold the second day. Why hassle me about this? Leftover pizza is damn good served straight from the refrigerator. =)

  • to leave the front door with no make-up on what-so-ever. No foundation, no blush, and no freakin' mascara. It's liberating. Don't get me wrong, I love me some make-up. But sometimes...you just gotta be free.

  • to watch Kate & Leopold and pine over Hugh Jackman (version 1879). LOVE THAT MOVIE!

  • to sing "Girl Put Your Records On" at the top of your lungs and relate FULLY to every lyric. Go ahead girls (and boys) put your records on and turn it UP :)






"Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down."


10 comments:

  1. I had cold leftover pizza for breakfast this morning! :)
    It's super delish!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this song I like! The style is right up my alley. I love the way she starts to let go toward the end and then ultimately, gets soft the way she began... sort of anticlimatic...change in dynamics is good!

    I have never heard of this gal. Now I shall have to search her on youtube to listen to all the rest of her songs and perhaps buy her CD if I like it enough... Thanks for sharing, Ashley.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, totally! I like cold pizza too, and I hardly ever wear make-up in everyday life...

    Cheers,
    poet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold pizza is the best! It needs to be hot the first night and is really best cold the second day. I go out without make-up fairly often, though not usually to places I think I'll meet people I know. My skin just never cooperates. But I almost never wear mascara, and I don't think I've worn blush for ten years... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. i should have been african american, is that ok to say? HA! son. and i love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it weird that I barely ever wear make-up? I should. I definitely look better WITH it. But it just gets annoying after 4-5 hours, and makes me feel weird. Odd, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love no make-up days. They happen rarely, but when they do I do feel pretty good about myself. But then I feel a bit ugly, so I wear make-up again the next day.

    Also, love, love, love that song! (Love, love, love you!)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't worn makeup to work since late November. In fact, the last time I wore makeup was New Year's Eve. I haven't gotten back into the mode where I care at work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't like cold pizza, but i'm not a cold pizza lover hater either. eat your pizza how you like it and smash it someone's face if they think it's gross (unless it's the last piece, then find something else to smash into their face).

    and... agreed on leopold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cold pizza straight outta the fridge = nectar of the gods.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete