2.05.2011

Calmate!

I'm not trying to brag, I'm just trying to make sense of this (early) spring fever I've been experiencing from men.

I don't know if I've been sending out some weird signal because I'm leaving...because I have been asked to dinner 3 times from 3 different guys this week. I'm just your average girl, cute some days, kind of shy at first, with a little bit of flirt in her. I don't usually get this kind of attention in a week. I feel as though I'm in the Twilight Zone.

What's funny is, I'm not really interested in any of it. The guys aren't bad at all, I just feel really focused on what's ahead of me, and my future in Turkey.

On top of this, I'm not one of those chicks that travels from guy to guy as if they are the city of the month. Even though I dated Mr. HC for just a little while, my heart was still invested there. You know? I'll never be someone that can move on from one guy by falling into the arms of another.

Just wanted to vent about this weird week. haha. I think I'm a little too friendly with people I meet, and that comes off the wrong way sometimes. Very bad Ashley.

(by the way, I'm not complaining, to clarify. This is all very flattering)

5 comments:

  1. I love a story where the girl follows her heart without having to follow a man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That always happens...dating material comes out of the woodworks when you least expect or need it.

    Eyes on the prize, right? Calmate y distenda! It's going to be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Anthony says, that always happens when you're leaving. Probably something to do with the fact that your focus on other things shines through you and makes you that much more unattainable/interesting. Or who knows? Haha.

    An excerpt from a poem by Wendy Cope:
    Bloody men are like bloody buses
    You wait for about a year
    And as soon as one approaches your stop
    Two or three others appear.

    So true! ; )

    ReplyDelete