2.28.2011

Hello Excitement! Nice to see ya.

I've mentioned that I've been very bipolar in the weeks leading up to my departure, and while that is still true, today I've felt excitement take a hold of my body and shake me violently. I'M FREAKIN' GOING TO TURKEY!!!!!!

While the sadness is still there, I am now in autopilot mode. My body is leading me where I ought to go...my head and heart have no choice but to follow. Inevitably, I will feel more sadness and anxiety in the next week-and-a-half; however, there is no doubting what is necessary here: chasing after my dream.

There's nothing like the beat of a happy heart, a heart that knows it's about to embark on a predestined adventure. I say predestined because I've wanted this forever.



***

While I'll probably have more posts like this where I talk your head off with inspirational garble (ha), I must not forget to mention that Jax, my good internet and real life friend, came to visit San Diego. Let me show you with pictures:

It was nice taking Jax to all the "hot spots" in SD, so I could simultaneously say goodbye to my city! Chillin' at La Jolla Cove.

My Oven GF showing us Americans how to have proper ettiquette during breakfast =)

Celebrating Jax's 24th birthday!

Ashley loves Jax! (Photo stolen from Jax)

6 comments:

  1. woo hoo!!

    go you!! i'm really excited for you and this big step. good luck and remember to try to keep your feet on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so CRAZY excited for you and I can't believe it's coming up so quickly!! Best of luck, soak up every little DROP and share all the awesome music from Turkey (and MTV India if you get it; that's what we got when I was in Turkey and it was brilliant!!), and post stories often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Ash! And I must say - after checking out all your pics and the ones on Jax's blog-- she has an INCREDIBLE sense of style! Right down to her jewelery. I'm inspired to get off my butt and go shopping.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! It's coming up so soon! YAY, GIRL! This is going to be such an incredible adventure for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy for ya - it's very inspiring to read about your adventures, and seeing you go for your dream, making it happen. Wish ya the best out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. It's getting close. I wish all the best of luck to you! But I guess the real question is do you have the correct region version of High Fidelity for Turkey. Ha. :)

    ReplyDelete