3.16.2011

You Choose, You Learn

Hello blog friends!

I haven’t been able to update much because blogger has been banned in Turkey. This is because people were illegally broadcasting soccer games through their blogs, so Turkey blocked the whole system...they are serious about their futbol!

I’m having my friend Ali post this for me (thanks Ali).

So my first impressions of izmir were not good, actually. I thought the city was a little dirty and not my style. But then a couchsurfer friend took me around to other parts of izmir and I found them fascinating and beautiful. So...in the next few days I have a decision to make. Being, can I call this home? Do I want to live here for a year?

I am past the point of homesickness and have met some lovely people already. I know I can create a good friend base here. So that’s not the issue at all.

But I want to make sure I’m choosing to live in a city I adore, and not just live in a city because it’s different. This requires a little more exploring on my part.

So this is where I stand. Either way, I know I will have made the right choice...I can only do what’s best for Ashley!

P.S. Because blogger is blocked, if you have a blogger blog, I can’t read yours :( Wish I could!!!

4 comments:

  1. aw, ashley, good luck with your decision...and do lots of exploring before you decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought blogger was available again. Anyway I can access it here in my university campus and now reading your posts. And I really think that you're going love this city - coz you haven't been to my favourite places yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Could you read Blogger blogs on Google Reader or via RSS feed? Anyway, enjoy your time there. It's going to FLY BY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sucks about the whole system being blocked, but glad to know what's going on.

    those first impressions are tricky, you know? especially in a new town, a new country - where everything is so different! and who knows what you'll think of it in a week, a month, a year.

    good luck with the decision and definitely pray about it. i'll do the same for you. :)

    ReplyDelete