7.24.2012

Let's Get Personal

Selma tagged me in a fun lil' fact session and questionnaire...so, um, let's get personal! 

FACTS

1. I fell in love with a pet chihuahua. I didn't mean to as I only like big dogs, but living with the little guy has changed my mind. He's still not a real dog, though. 

2. I'll always choose red wine over white wine. 




3. I'm oddly good at public speaking.

4. I'm not an avid dater. People find me weird because of it, but I have no qualms about being the single gal. 

5. I usually refuse to wear heels as they are highly impractical. 

6. I don't like seafood. 

7. Driving is a major stress-relief for me.

8. I can't stand fake conversations. I'd rather you not talk to me if you can't find it in your shallow heart to be genuine. 

9. Motown is my favorite music genre. Always and forever.  

10. I've lived in San Diego practically my whole life, but that will change in a month and a half (eek!).




QUESTIONS



1. What is your profession? 

I am an admissions advisor. It's a cross between academic advisor and sales person.


2. How would you describe your style? 
Usually I dig flowy, breezy things: dresses, dangly earrings and scarves. I'm also partial to a well-worn pair of jeans. Heels aren't usually my thing, unless it's a comfy wedge. I'm all about the low-maintence philosophy and believe in collecting jewelry from every country I visit.



3. What one make-up product can you not live without?
Mascara and blush! 


4. If you could be besties with one celebrity, who would it be?
Kevin Spacey. I believe there are fabulous conversations to be had with him. 

5. What is your dream vacation?

I'm dreaming of Italy because I haven't been yet. It's on my hit list!  

6. What magazines do you subscribe to? 

People is a guilty pleasure. I like to call it the classy tabloid. 

7. If you could have any special talent {that you don't currently have}, what would it be?

I wish I could play the piano beautifully and speak multiple languages. 

8. What is your favorite breakfast food?

The good ol' American breakfast: Pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. How can you go wrong with that? 

9. If you could do anything, what is your dream job?

I'd love to be a study abroad advisor. I'd also love to travel the world and get paid writing about it! 

10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Most recently: watching The Bachelorette. I got sucked in!! *hangs head in shame* 



If you're interested in playing along, I tag: Molly, Jillian, Donny and Felicia.  

12 comments:

  1. Red wine over white? My kinda' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you better hit italy while you are over here! and switzerland of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't like seafood? Does. Not. Compute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially for a citizen of New Orleans!

      Delete
  4. I should probably do this meme, except for the make-up question...although I did have to wear mascara for a school play once and let me say, I looked quite fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ash,

    Despite what it may seem... I'm not an avid dater, either. Nor am I looking for a date. It's amazing how "okay" and (gasp!) happy I'm feeling in my new single status. Yes, people can be single AND fulfilled. Kudos to you.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share the same love for Motown, ya' know. And that trip to Italy? You're going to have plenty of opportunities during your breaks in England.

    BTW, I don't want to sound like your Dad or anything, but I am so proud of you for taking this risk on moving to England. Despite my cynicism and deep dark sarcasm, your positive outlook on life has always been inspiring. You are so deserving for taking this wonderful time in your life for yourself. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!!!! Thanks Anthony. I really appreciate your support as you've been a constant blog buddy of mine. I'm feeling like England is definitely the right step for me. It's a plot twist that makes sense in the movie of my life :)

      Delete
  7. I would love to try a real American breakfast once. What we call pancakes over in Norway is more like crepes, and I have never tried American ones!

    ReplyDelete