1.28.2015

Portland: Blue Star Donuts, the 'Superior' Donut Shop


Hello all! Back from Portland, sifting through my photos, and thought I'd share an easy piece of advice before diving into heavy travel posts.

So, before I went to Portland, most everyone told me to go to Voodoo donuts. Obviously, Voodoo has quite the following with it's creative, quirky ideas. However, when I got into Portland, all the locals steered me in another direction. "Voodoo is a tourist trap," they said. "If you want a really excellent donut, go to Blue Star."

The dude at the counter told us, "We don't rag on Voodoo too much because their shitty donuts bring us business." Cheeky.

Now, I can't compare the two, since I never went to Voodoo, but I can tell you this:



The buttermilk old fashion donut from Blue Star is the best donut I have ever had in my entire life. Simple in its execution, divine in its delivery of taste. It is perfect.

There are other options, of course (I also got the green tea).


But WHATEVER YOU DO, GET THE BUTTERMILK. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET THE BUTTERMILK!!!!


Okay, I'm calming down now. Here's the site for Blue Star, check em out!


More Portland posts will be filling this space soon!


8 comments:

  1. http://cdn.firstwefeast.com/assets/2013/10/gif_665x500_29a25f.gif :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as I inhaled TWO donuts in the span of like 6 minutes...I'm pretty sure this is a video of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with that! Donuts, like nachos, are meant to be inhaled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like you :::knew:::: I was craving donuts. Glad Portland was a success! What was your favorite area of Portland?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Forest Park, Nob Hill, and the whole downtown area was extremely walkable and great! I will forever crave this donut and not be able to get to it...GRRRRR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bet you didn't realize when you went to Portland you would become enchanted by their donuts. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, when I was there, I didn't have Voodoo donuts but I definitely had Blue Star ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is because you are wise beyond your years :)

    ReplyDelete