12.07.2015

Holiday Markets and Winter is Coming!

My buddy Christian! 

WINTER IS COMING. And since it's starting to get chilly, I'm heading to Miami for a few days (haha). I'm a wimp!

But before I go, and because I haven't blogged in quite awhile, here's a post.

New York has it's pretty moments, one of them being Christmastime, I'm realizing. The lights are twinkling, the markets are about, and the people are coming together.

One such market is Union Square Market:


We said goodbye to this cute little one (below). Her name is Aki, and she was the roommate of Christian (above). Christian and his roomies let me stay a month and a half at their place while I scoured the inter webs for an apartment. I'm thankful to all of them. Now she's off to Seattle, her hometown.

New York is definitely one of those transient cities. You realize you might get to know someone well enough for them to feel like family, only to let them go a month, 6 months, or a year later. While it can be distressing, it also makes you appreciate this extended family, no matter how far apart they are from you. These transient bonds can never be broken, something I've remembered from living in London. Gypsy souls gotta stick together!



Lastly, we had some food, because even though winter is coming, and even though we were saying goodbye, food always makes everything better. And these rice balls were gooey warm goodness.


A photo posted by Ashley (@ashleyjay33) on


I'll have more Christmasy things to show you soon, but until then I hope you enjoy the next few days while I sunbathe in Miami! 

No comments:

Post a Comment