7.27.2005

Play Ball!

I am going with my dad today to watch the Padres play St. Louis (and hopefully not lose). I am going cause it's a new stadium in San Diego. It's called "Petco Park," which makes me a little sad--must everything be named after company giants now-a-days?

But I am looking foward to going downtown, getting an overpriced hot dog, looking at *some* of the hot baseball players (what? you think I actually am gonna watch baseball? Basketball and soccer are WAY better sports) and of course...spending time with my dad.

I'm not gonna live in San Diego forever (I want to move and see the world!), so it's good I'm spending time with my dad now. Especially with my uncle's disposition of late.

I grew up as a daddy's girl. That just doesn't change.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to top a day in the sunshine, a ballpark dog, and quality time with dad.

    We were relatively fortunate here in Cleveland. Our new baseball stadium that was built about 10 years ago is named Jacobs Field (or "The Jake") for then team owner Dick Jacobs who paid out the big bucks for the name. Better a person than a company, I say. And our new football stadium, built not too long after the baseball field, is Cleveland Browns Stadium--nice and simple.

    Go Padres!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah...go padres! and they won tonight.

    we have a football stadium, too. It USED to be called Jack Murphy Stadium, a name I liked, but was switched to Qualcomm. Too sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dads rock! Hope you enjoyed the day. And I agree, enough with the company names, I don't care how much money they poured into the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah, thomas, I'd at least go for a company that treats their employees decently--how about Costco?

    Yeah, cindy, time with the dad is important. Sorry to hear about yours...I don't know what I would do in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I wouldn't really know until I moved...New York, San Francisco, Michigan and a few other random states. Anything cheaper would be great.

    I love San Diego, but I've lived basically all my life. Pretty soon, it'll be time for a change.

    ReplyDelete