1.04.2006

Mmmm...Burritos. And Gay Cowboys. An interesting day.

Hung out with my friend Lauren today. I never get to hang out with her...she lives in Santa Barbara, after all.

We watched Brokeback Mountain. And the film was beautiful, really. And sad. There was some great scenery. And the love story was touching, gay or not gay, it was still a great love story. And I love me some Heath Ledger. Oh YES I do. He looked stunning in the movie, as always. You bet your ass I'll go and see Casanova to look at him. But it's not just that--he's a great actor as well. Oh, Heath! Why must you be taken you beautiful Australian?!

Oh well.

After the movie I went with Lauren to grab some burritos from a place along the beach--we talked about life...haha, girl talk and such. Told her about my boring date.

Why is it that when everyone asks you if you have a boyfriend and you say "no," that they all of a sudden take pity on you? It's not a bad thing, you know? Lauren didn't neccesarily do this, but it came out a little bit.

I feel too busy (well not during the break, but during school) for a boyfriend. Now--if someone comes along that I want to make time for, I will. But I am not going out of my way right now to give anyone a chance. And I'm not unhappy.

What is this stigma with girls that are single? It only gets worse when you get older, I imagine.

Oh well, if it gets to that point, I'll just have to have my affair with Heath Ledger.

3 comments:

  1. The stigma's not only on women, Ashley..Mom keeps asking me when I am going to introduce her to my girlfriend, and when I am going to get married with her.

    No, there is no girlfriend. And no kids forthcoming (at least, not that I know of).

    I hate that pity look friends give you, and then they try to set you up with some nightmare date; first off, the only person that knows what you want is YOU, and noone else. Second off, maybe the reason we are single is because we are looking for something more than the status quo? Hello? Anyone in there, you empathetic friends who think we owe you the world for your help with the pity blind date you set us up with?

    I am channeling bad hookups right now. Let me attempt to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does get worse with age.

    they start asking you if you're married YET.

    it wouldn't be so bad without those three final letters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you weren't eating Gay Burritos. That could get messy.

    ReplyDelete