2.19.2006

How do you fix your friend when she's broken?

Ok...before I start this little rant of mine, you should know that I had a fabulous weekend. Dancing, movies, laughter--all of it. But that's not what's important at this very moment.

***

I am concerned for my friend. I'm concerned that she keeps taking back her boyfriend who is NOT good enough for her...who disrespects her, who shouldn't be in her life anymore.

WHY does she do this??? I know that love makes you do stupid things and that you're blinded by it, blah, blah, blah.

It's sooooooooooooo frustrating to see them get in arguments, see him be an asshole to her, see them make up like nothing is different, see him promise a change, and then see no change.

It's FRUSTRATING because I love this friend, and she deserves the very best. And he is NOT the best. It's FRUSTRATING because I've told this to her...and she knows it's true...but she forgives him still.

SHE DESERVES SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough.

I know that this is not my relationship...and you can argue that it is not my business. But it is...because I love her, and I want to watch out for her. And I am not just going to remain quiet while he disrespects someone that I hold dear.

I know, also, that she has to realize this fully on her own. What good is it for me to tell her? Except that, in telling her, she recognizes that I care and that I am concerned.

And so I have told her. And that is all I can do, really. But if I see him mess up again like this, and then see her forgive him, again...I will be so utterly dissapointed.

She needs to realize how completely gorgeous, fun, beautiful, amazing, wonderful and gracious she is..........she needs to realize that she can do so much better. And she will do better.

I just hope she sees it soon.

4 comments:

  1. Dr. Hatleyman says, "Get very -very - very drunk at a male strip club and wash that loser right outta her hair."

    Or tell her you are a lesbian and have fallen madly in loe with her...once she dumps her man...tell her, "Aww. Just playin. Now let's go find you a real piece of man meat sista!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hatleyman and Dear Abby should arm wrestle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She needs to get out of that relationship as soon as possible..but you may have no control over it. Do what you can, and if she doesn't see it, she will eventually.

    It's hard to break away from someone you've fallen in love with, but if they treat you rotten, then maybe it's time to break away. And if they're your one and only? Maybe you were meant to be only, if that's the case. Sad, but true. Never know.

    All this from Dear Cr(Abby).

    -Sucker in Sacramento.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, you are right anthony.

    it's frustratating though (like I say over and over) to watch it all unfold and not have any power over it.

    I am happy though because this time she is really realizing that he has to change. He's hanging by a thread. And even though I don 't have a say over what happens, what I told her still made a big difference (and what everyone else told her--strength in numbers!).

    So things are getting better, cause she's recognizing all his faults without forgiving them instantly.

    ReplyDelete