12.02.2007

Hold Me, Hold Me!

I went to church tonight, and Pastor Miles told me a little story that I thought you would appreciate:

He said a football player he knew (cause Pastor Miles used to play for the Chargers long ago) came up to him to get some marriage counseling. He told Miles "Things just aren't going great. She just had our baby and she's stressed and we've been fighting over every little thing and, we just don't...our, um..."

Pastor Miles: Your sex life is gone?

Football Player: Yeah. So maybe I can bring her another day and you can counsel us and...

Pastor Miles: Time out. Let me tell you what to do right now. You need to go home, and bow down before her, and tell her sorry for being so dumb. You need to soak her feet in some warm water, and give her roses. And then you need to ask her 5 ways that you can help to make her life better. And then do those things for her. Do all of this and get back to me."

Pastor Miles said a week passed, and the football player came back, big smile on his face and said "Man! Pastor Miles! Things are so much better! How did you know to do that?"

Pastor Miles: Cause I was dumb like you once.

***
People forget sometimes that we are ultimately happiest when we give ourselves to others and put ourselves last. I came home after service and gave my roommates big hugs. They kind of gave me a look at first, but hugged me back and smiled afterward.

Don't forget to go hug or smile at someone today.

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching a lot of House lately, and have a bad cold, so I will try my best.

    ReplyDelete