1.30.2008

Lord Almighty, I feel my tempature risin'

Yeah...so I had a fever of a 102 last night. Not a lot of fun...no no no.

But I'm feeling better now, and it gave me an excuse to skip school today. ha ha. Yes!

And because my parents were worried (cause they do that) my dad was kind of contemplating the fickleness of life last night...but I liked what pops said and I thought I would share it with you.

He said something to the effect of, "It's funny how we live our lives almost exactly the same way everyday, just in order to feel comfortable...until we die."

And isn't that funny, we DO do that. And maybe that's why people make SUCH a huge deal out of new relationships and moving, because BY GOD for once we're doing something different with our lives!

Ok, off my rant, especially cause I'll start babbling since my brain is kinda mush right now.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I agree with your dad's sentiment. I'm constantly searching for something to make me feel alive. I've climbed Kilimanjaro, sky dived and paraglided. I hate doing the same old thing every day. I'm scared of never being content with my lot. I'm scared that even when I have that family I've always wanted I still won't be content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well one thing I didn't explain about my dad is that he is a deeply spiritual man. Whether you agree with religion or not, he's already found that thing he was "constantly searching for" when he was younger. So he has a different stance on life than you do in general.

    But I understand where you're coming from...and God do I have thoughts like that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you feeling today, Ashley?

    ReplyDelete
  4. better, thanks. I'm not burnin' up...or singing Elvis Presley songs for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a bad fever a couple of months ago. 105 with a few hallucinations of literally being a square and not fitting into circle-shaped pants. glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But... but...

    But your kisses lift me higher, like the sweet song of a choir. You light my morning sky.

    ReplyDelete