8.03.2008

Just Keep Swimming

Does anyone ever get tired of having a cell phone on you at all times? Often, I leave my cell phone in the other room, out of sight and away from my ears. Then I'll go check it whenever I want to.

Lots of my friends say "Ashley! You never pick up your phone!"

And my old roommate doesn't understand this side of me, since her cell phone might as well be a body part of hers.

I guess I get tired of electronic leashes.

But I digress...

Still job hunting, and I fear I will be for awhile. It's weird being in this limbo stage; an alternate universe where I'm not working or going to school. What the heck? I may get a nothing side job to just pass the time!

I know I'm lucky to be job hunting without any real stress, a.k.a. a family to feed and major bills to pay. How do people deal with that?

I'm lucky to have parents that will allow me to bum off of them for awhile.

It seems like a long way to shore, but I'll keep swimming.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could throw my phone in the lake sometimes too. But I made that deal with the devil a long time ago...

    You should appreciate this time now, Ash. You may be too busy later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have my phone on me, but it's on vibrate so sometimes I don't notice when it's ringing. I hardly ever make calls and I only get calls maybe once every 2 days, so it's not like anyone is ever urgently trying to get ahold of me anyway.

    Your situation kind of reminds me of my sister Veronica's - the whole limbo thing, but she has a "real" job interview coming up *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been ignoring my phone since the day I got it. Mainly because my number is one digit away from a pizza delivery place and I always get messages about why I'm not open for business...

    It makes me feel dirty. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I answer my phone maybe 5% of the times I have an incoming call. 90% of the time I will not be near my phone so I will have to call them back. The other 5% of the time I am doing something or would just rather wait 2 minutes or a half hour to talk to the person. So, in answering phone calls, I treat my my phone similarly to the way you do. But you probably receive many more calls than me ... in that respect, I'd say I'm similar to Frank.

    BUTTTTT, I just made "Here It Goes" by Jimmy Eat World my ringtone, so hopefully I will be near my phone more often when it happens to ring! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, you're saying it's bad to be a hybrid being with my macbook? i don't understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate having my phone constantly attached to me. People often get annoyed with me for not answering.

    Good luck job searching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. People seem to only call me when I don't have my phone with me. And when my phone isn't on vibrate, it beeps every few seconds until I check the text message. I should try to fix that...

    ReplyDelete