8.25.2008

Sudafed was my best friend this weekend.

I went to my friend's wedding this week. It was mostly nice, but a little too contrived for my taste. So much so that the bride almost fainted and looked stressed most of the time (because of the rigorous schedule and 3 HOURS it took to take pictures after the ceremony).

I don't want my wedding to be yet another thing that has to be done a "certain way." People get too caught up in being just like everyone else. Sometimes it's too much.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I definitely got hit on at the wedding by this guy named Harlie. Well, maybe not hit on, but he was definitely trying to get my attention (and told everyone he thought I was cute, so they then tried to set me up with him).

As stated earlier, I do not like contrived things, so I wasn't having it. He asked for my number by the end of the night, and I told him I don't like talking on the phone (which is true), but he could be my friend on facebook (good ol' internet).

Of course, I checked my inbox today and guess who I have a friend request from? Yep, the guy works fast.

Anyway, to change subjects, for the last 4 days I've been deathly ill. And during the summer? That never happens. I relaized it's because I've been spending too much time indoors applying for jobs and not getting enough fresh air. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to start walking my applications to businesses so:
  1. I get my fresh summer air
  2. I'm still applying
  3. Businesses get to see me, which can't hurt, right?
  4. Why not put a little exercise in the mix?

All of this = Ashley will no longer be sick. Yay!

11 comments:

  1. is he cute!?

    also, who do guys feel like friending you on facebook right away is attractive? clearly it just makes them look desperate.

    feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was decent, but not really my type. I kinda have a thing for any other race but my own...haha, maybe it's my dream of having multicultural children! :)

    Yeah, I think it's a little desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i so want to have half black or half asian babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made myself ill by staying up too late watching the Olympics.

    Also, I plan on getting married in Vegas at 3:00, while very drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you told him you don't like to talk on the phone! Being truthful rules! And I have a VERY unconventional wedding weekend ahead. It's going to be a blast! (Not my wedding, just to make that clear!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half asian babies aren't all that great (I'm a half asian baby).

    My wedding was very "traditional" that is until the best man broke out the whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like things to be contrived, either. Whatever happened to good ol' natural letting people find each other, as opposed to other people hooking us up? I don't like being hooked up; then again, the last girl I was hooked up with turned out to be a vampire (she said she liked to drink blood and looked like a pallid garden gnome), so maybe I'm the wrong person to talk about contrivances, esp. misguided ones.


    Love your new pic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. are there standards for facebook friending, kinda like the standard two days to call after you get her number plan?? I always couldn't wait to make the call and thought that calling like the next day painted that picture for said lady I happened to be courting. I guess it depends on the sweetness/sincerity level of the fella cause I certainly didn't come off as desparate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toastie--well, I suppose it would be different if I liked the guy. There's nothing wrong with calling the next day. But I'm not a girl who is fond of dating. I'd rather be friends first. So I suppose it is all relative...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A relaxed wedding attitude is very healthy. Good for you! I hate Bridezillas (but love to watch them). My wedding had the wrong flowers (when Dan picked them up the lady said, "I have never done those flowers for a wedding so I wasn't going to do them") but I was relaxed enough to still enjoy my special day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. keep on keeping on with the job hunt!

    I agree, nothing worse than a contrived event. It reminds me of SATC when Charlotte had her second wedding and wanted everything to be perfect and all the little things were going 'wrong' and she was so stressed she was missing her own wedding which was to celebrate marrying the man who loved her to bits! I say = go to a wedding and let a party break out!!!

    ReplyDelete