1.22.2009

The Future Casanova

Sometimes I love my job. It's interesting to work with kids and wonder what they'll be like when they grow up. Of course, it's easy to see the young Casanovas. One is named Daniel, who, get this, writes songs and sings them to the class without any apprehensions. He actually thinks of the melody and everything. This boy was even brave enough to sing and dance to Dancing Queen. Daniel is all of 9 years of age.

Today he saunters over in my direction and gleefully grins, saying"Guess what, Miss Ashley? I already have a Valentine!"

I smile for a brief second (over the cuteness of the situation), then fake a pout. "But Daniel...I thought I was your valentine!" I shout.

Daniel smirks, knowing that I am joking, and says, "Well you didn't ask fast enough."

Some boys are obviously born with the charm. Daniel is one of the naturals.

9 comments:

  1. Great. Now I'm getting out-gamed by 9 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This right here is an example of why I just adore working with children. Sure a lot of the time they drive me nutso. But then they go and say something like that and those are the things that makes you smile and you will never forget. haha. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda reminds me of me when i was but a rainpup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh he's going to be a little heartbreaker, that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kids got moxie, I'm telling you. I ought to ask him for pointers while he's playing kickball.

    I've posted, my friend! Thanks for waking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i dated someone in his past life LOL

    U2- http://goyb.u2.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Momentarily de-lurking to congratulate Jay on the comment of the year (so far). Dude, I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete