1.15.2009

That's What She Said

I've become more in tune with my job as of late...what I mean is, I'm getting the hang of this! It's definitely more challenging than any other job I've had (since it requires lesson plans, and being a mentor of sorts to the kids)...in my past jobs, I was able to check out mentally. Here, I don't have that luxury.

I'm not keeping this job for a long time...but this is the job that will indicate whether a teaching career is for me. I haven't made my decision yet. And I have to be firm in that decision, since getting your credentials in CA is like going through hell (or so I'm told).

To change the subject, I have a few movie reviews for you:

  • Bride Wars: Saw this last night. COMPLETE AND TOTAL CHICK FLICK. This movie is everything that it promises. Guys, you WILL NOT like this movie. Just a warning. It's your typical predictable girl movie. I actually wasn't too fond of it, but because Anne Hathaway was in it (Love her!), I'll still give the movie: ★★ ½
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Well, I had to see what the hype was about, and to me, it's just hype. Now I will call it a lovely movie--about love, life and everything in between; however, this movie was SO predictable it was boring at times. I like to be a little surprised when I see a movie. I'm honestly not sure why so many critics gushed over this movie and gave it 4 stars...I give it:★★★
  • Gran Torino: I know I've already given this movie it's own post, but I have to mention it again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go see it...I beg of you!! Outstanding film! A movie that doesn't try to be showy or preachy. It sends a message without trying too hard. The script feels true and pure, and you can't help but get engrossed in this film. Warning: you might cry! I most definitely give it: ★★★★
Alright, that's all for now, folks. Have a lovely, beautiful, outstanding day!!

♫ Listening to "Better Man" by James Morrison ♫

4 comments:

  1. I would rather have one of those stars embedded in my skull than ever have to sit through 90 minutes of Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway squawking at each other. That being said, if they release a special edition DVD with previously unreleased Anne-on-Kate action, I might change my tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i guess this is where our movie compatibilities hit a snag. i thought benjamin button was pretty flippin fantastic, especially if you take into account typical brad pitt movies. i think he's been on a roll lately. his performances in burn after reading and assassination of jesse james were fantastic. but then i'm also the guy who, unlike everyone else, was bored beyond belief by tropic thunder. so this is only my honest expert opinion. ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Bride Wars. Maybe cause I went with my BFF. I also loved The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I probably wouldn't watch either again though.

    I'll have to check out the Grand Torino.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews! I really want to see Bride Wars. I think I'll leave the husband home on this one...

    ReplyDelete