3.09.2009

Morning Monster

Don't you love him???? He's my morning monster! haha...My friend Rachel made this (yes, made this) for me for my birthday. This is EXACTLY how I feel in the mornings. Especially this morning. Texting is not the devil, Daylight Savings is the devil!!!

The only thing that conquered my gloomy attitude this morning was the Girl Scout Cookie Boxes I received today. I ate six Tagalongs already. I have a semi-stomach ache, but it is worth it!!

This week has been, um, interesting so far, starting with a conversation I had with a friend about her new boyfriend (who I went a couple dates with in December, which she had just found out about). haha...yeahhhhh. Well, there were no hard feelings. It was just an awkward talk.

Whatever. I'm finding out that life is just awkward.

I'm just happy I have my morning monster. How I love him--it's the same kind of love I used to have for Oscar the Grouch. Sometimes you just gotta be grouchy!!

9 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I could have afforded to buy Girl Scout cookies. We have several stale boxes of Thin Mints, but Tagalongs sound really good now. However, Scott introduced me to peanut butter Oreos and that was a bad, bad thing. He had already finished off one package before I went over last night and I was so tempted to open the other one this morning, but I refrained and made myself a peanut butter sandwich instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! he still look cute! and umm this friend you went on a date with? i think i may know who you are talking about...but I will send you a private message. hah i am soo nosey :) but it's only because i never know what is going on in ashley's life anymore i hate being far away....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, was this guy single at the time? If so, what was the harm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. rachel--yeah you do know...this was in December. haha.

    thomas--there was no harm, it was just an awkward convo. We are back on track to being normal friends. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm... In my mind, the perfect morning monster would be one that you could rip apart in a sleep-addled rage each morning, and then lovingly reassemble prior to bedtime. Does your model have such features?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I destroyed a few boxes of Thin Mints within a matter of about three days. Best three days of my life.

    That morning monster is possibly the most amazing thing I have ever seen. That's exactly what I look like before noon - green, crazy-eyed, and full of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw your Morning Monster is cute! So is that his name?

    Girl Scout cookies are the debil!! I love me some samoas. Ate a whole box by myself in three days. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Oscar, but you know that Kermit is my favorite (although I am partial to developmentally disabled Grover).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do know that Anthony :)

    Remember when we talked about "The Rainbow Connection?" haha.

    ReplyDelete