6.14.2009

By the Bay

I had some time to kill before church today, so I figured I would kick it by the water. The day was already perfect, so I knew it would be a good idea. I drove down a random, unfamiliar street that eventually stopped right at the edge of a bay. There was exactly one parking space--one space reserved for me.

I stepped out of my car and instantly felt a peace take over my body. I wish I would have taken a picture of the scenery. But I left all electronic devices behind. This was a time for me to unwind after a busy, tiring week; this had to be just me and nature.

I don't think I can explain the moment I had today, but it was a moment that rejuvenated me. A moment where God nudged me on the shoulder and said, "Hey kid, don't stress yourself out. I got this for ya." A moment where I realized how small I really am. Too small to understand exactly how the world works, yet alone try to control it. Us humans are silly for trying to control our lives so much.

Looking out into the water today, I saw the world working perfectly. And I'm not in charge of any of it. Fittingly.

Learning how to work within the world puts me at ease, instead of trying to make my own, contrived way. Sometimes you just gotta take the time to gather your thoughts by the bay, and let the surroundings tell you the answers.

2 comments:

  1. I had a moment like that just before I left Amurika, but, being me, I wasn't sure what/who to attribute it to. But it felt like I was tying ends up nicely, and it was a good feeling.

    I'm glad that you're happy though! And also, this is a little late, but carpaccio = DELICIOUS. Yum, yum, yum.

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, now i know why i miss san diego! That feeling of seeing the open ocean and nothing but sand and water for miles is such a great feeling! Growing up I never thought I would like the beach as much as I do....counting the days until I can go back, forever :)

    ReplyDelete