7.22.2009

All Mixed Up

Ever have those days where you feel withdrawn from life? I had one of those days yesterday, and for no reason. Does that make sense? Well, maybe not for no reason...but for no particular reason. There are some nights where I feel that my life is at a standstill, and that makes me all angsty.

I'm doing want I want...working with kids (summer camp), but not in the way that I want (teaching). And am I sure that I want to do teaching? Like, am I positive? I thought I was, but this camp is throwing me through a bit of a loop...maybe because it is completely exhausting physically.

I just feel like sometimes I can't make up my mind. AND that is completely annoying.

Also, come to find out that a dear friend of mine is feeling depressed, and that a new roommate of mine is bi-polar. MAN...I didn't even know anything about bi-polar disorder until now!!!

This situation is extremely frustrating for me--a person that always wants to help others as MUCH as possible. It seems next to impossible to help someone with a disorder...nor is it my place.

Hmmm...

Life, I am shaking my fist at you (for the moment)!!

***

Yes, yes. I know it will get better. My optimism is hard to suppress.

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully you handle the bi-polar thing better than I did with my ex-.

    Once, during a fight, I just attacked her verbally about being all emotional and accused her of being bi-polar and that she should cut that crap out.

    Turns out, she was bi-polar, and I didn't know. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...I felt like a total jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. YES!!

    i've just had several days like that. every time i went to reader, i was just totally overwhelmed and didn't want to read anything. i just wanted to sit. and do nothing.

    and really, if you want to help your friend, learn as much as you can about it and be supportive. be an ear. i think that's what your friend might need more than anything right now. :)

    good luck, dear. it'll be fine. God will get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Days like this are what beer was made for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bi-polar disorder is so hard to understand. It's also very hard to treat. But, when it comes to what you want to do, you just have to remember that you're never going to be 100% positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have felt out of sorts lately. Maybe it is something in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad is bipolar and it is emotionally draining to have that in your life. Not that I had a choice growing up, but it definitely affected and shaped who I am today. I hope she is on meds and has a good hold of the disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know more than you think about bi-polar/depression/manic stuff because Zach has said he has some form of depression that comes and goes. Hard to handle someone with such changing moods sometimes...i dont think i ever get used to it :) But then again everyone's moods change all the time.

    And in regards to our other friend, I talked to her a lot today, :) seemed to be doing better once i asked her about it....

    i wish i were around more, I hate being soo far away. I in a way feel like you, I am half way in and half way out, I keep going to school everyday but I still dont feel any closer to being done!!! and even when i do get a break, i have to come right back...it's like a never ending yo-yo

    ReplyDelete
  8. and on the other hand, my pessimism is hard to suppress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep trying to bring you down, but I think I've tried just about everything!

    ReplyDelete