7.25.2009

Traveling Makes the Stress Better

I pinpointed what has been stressing me out at work so much--my director is extremely unorganized. This is an issue everyday!!! When you are unorganized with kids, they have to wait for activities to come together. Waiting=boredom. Boredom=mischief. Mischief=good kids become devil children.

Because when it comes down to it, the kids still make my day. The director brings my day wayyyyyyyy down. AND, it's not like I've sat idly by. I've given this guy tips on how to make the program run smoother, to which he responds, "Oh yeah, great suggestion!," then doesn't change a thing.

Grrrrrrr. It's ok, only 3 more weeks. 3 more weeks and then...MY VACATION!

Remember I mentioned couchsurfing.org before? Well, in addition to looking for places to stay in France with this system, I opened my home up to let foreigners stay with me. So when the beginning of August gets here, so do two German girls...two German girls staying with me! yay!

Maybe I can persuade them to cook me a German dinner...mwahaha!

7 comments:

  1. You know that whole boredom equation is the same for adult men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couchsurfing rules! a few tips:

    Examine potential host's pages, find someone you have things in common with cause when you are hanging out it's really important to have something to talk about :)

    When you write request emails make them long and personalize them, if it's a popular city a host will get tons of emails make yours stand out. I used to get loads of request and rejected most because they were all clearly cop and paste jobs which is not what couchsurfing is about.

    Go through the references of potential hosts and the references of the references etc etc. make sure they are a well established menmber

    also FILL out you profile, lots of writing, lots of photos, really does help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what I've always wanted....a vacation followed by 2 female foreign exchange students.

    Enjoy your trip, and tell your supervisor to take a suggestion or two from you. Children can be the devil if you don't do anything with them...they create their own fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but i'm almost jealous. unorganzied and mischievous children seem like a delight compared to these unorganized adults. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,

    We went through PeopleLink and currently have a chinese gentleman staying with us for two weeks. It's lovely and humbling to learn about another culture and to see how people assimulate into ours. You forget to explain the small things, like how to use a fork or what blankets to sleep under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I really have to be the first one to make a threesome reference? I mean, Germany is a very sexually-progressive country, and let's face it Ashley, your virtuous nature kinda makes you the ideal target for their depraved advances. Which reminds me, will you be recording their stay? For archival purposes of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, Jay--you would go there.

    ReplyDelete