7.30.2009

Looking After the Fray

I'm about to fall asleep, even though it's only 9:00 pm. This job is wearing me out!!! However, I feel like I've been neglecting this blog just a wee bit, so here's a post...

About The Fray Concert!!! They. sounded. amazing. Seriously, it was one of the best concerts I've been to!! There are certain bands that just sound better live.

The best song, by far (in my opinion, which means the most, of course) is "Look After You." Ahhhhhhh, it was so damn beautiful to listen to live, I was freakin' out. Here is the song and lyrics in case you're curious:



If I don't say this now I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one I want to take
Forgive the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate

Oh, oh,
Be my baby
Ohhhhh
Oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you

There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you won't you, be the one I'll always know
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down

Oh, oh
Be my baby
Ohhhhhh
Oh, oh
Be my Baby
I'll look after you
And I'll look after you

If ever there was a doubt
My love she leans into me
This most assuredly counts
She says most assuredly

Oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you
After You
Oh, oh
Be my baby
Ohhhhh

It's always have and never hold
You've begun to feel like home
What's mine is yours to leave or take
What's mine is yours to make your own

Oh, oh
Be my baby
Ohhhhh
Oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you

7 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm so jealous you got to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds AMAZING!!!

    i'm glad that you had such a good time. really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, jealous! You're too cool for school, lady. I don't know how on earth I'm going to entertain you when you come visit... ;)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  4. be quiet, jackie!!! Actually, don't be quiet...I'll be entertained by your accent. Americans are simple-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shouldn't like that song, but I have it on my i-Pod. Is that not manly to say (Or was that last statement not manly as well? What makes a man?)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard The Fray's cover of Kanye's Heartless? Not too bad -- look it up!

    ReplyDelete