7.08.2009

Good Times & Good People

I saw Smokey! I saw Smokey! More importantly, I heard Smokey! When I got to the fair, I was bummed--they told me the stands were full. So my friend and I went on a few fair rides (which seriously did a number on my stomach), bought some cotton candy and were ready to split, when I got to urge just to check if there were open seats (by this time, the concert was almost over).

To my delight, there were open seats! We only caught the encore, but it was a smashing encore--it lasted maybe 30 minutes, and I caught "Tracks of My Tears." I didn't know an old singer could sound so good, but Smokey brought the house down! And he sounded just like he did back in the day. He even added some sultry dance moves...hey, I'll be in heaven if my *future* husband can move like that at that age. Yeahhhhh, Smokey!

***

Anyway, here are some random pictures from the summer thus far:

Lainey and Me. (Lainey is a new roommate). She saw Smokey with me!

Another new roommate who is an amazing photographer! Meet Candace :)


View from my new summer job in Encinitas, California.


The Turkish Flag in face paint, succccccckas!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, how have you been doing, Ash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooood...I just moved into a house with some new girls, and I'm going on a trip overseas soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like Zooey Deschanel in that first one. Something I think I might have told you before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I've never gotten that before...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,

    I am just writing to ask for a favor. I have been looking online for face paint and can't seem to find the right paint. I am going to Turkey-Czheck Rep game this weekend and I want to paint my whole face. Please contact me at erginakbas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete