9.13.2009

Good Vibrations

Ahhhh, today was a great day.

A trip to the Coronado with my roommate proved to be the perfect place to ease my soul. Not to mention church today, which completely energized me from the inside out.

I don't think I've been completely honest on this blog lately, but I've been feeling lackluster recently. Stuck in the middle, in limbo, if you will. Obviously, this has caused me to think of numerous avenues in life (including the Turkey avenue I discussed in the last post).

Spiritually, it's been the same.

There is a misconception amongst Christians that once you've learned about the complete grace and love of God that all your troubles melt away, and that you are not supposed to be sad.

Not so! We're human. Being human means going through major ups and down.

And this part of my life has not been a major down, but it's been...in the middle. A fantastically boring place to be.

That's why--YES--I'm leaning toward the direction of going to Turkey. And remembering to have fun while I'm still in San Diego, as well (thanks Ashley). I'll let you know along the way if this plan actually becomes finalized. I know this is something I can do!!

Going back to spirituality, today was one of the first days in months that I felt really in tune with God. Like little sparks of energy were bouncing around in my body. It's an overwhelming, glorious, peaceful, hectic, cathartic, insane and sane feeling wrapped into one. ha. Does that even make sense?

You see, it's possible to fall away from God. Easy, in fact. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the institution of things. And then easily get disgusted by the institution of things. Christianity was not made to be an institution, but a relationship with the one and only Maker.

Today, I felt like I got in touch with that Maker after a few months of not calling and not checking up.

And it feels goooooooood. Thanks, Jame Brown.

Anyway, not to babble on. All I wanted to let you know is, I'm feeling more alive. Today was a good, good day. And it truly excites me to talk about this Turkey idea.

Ah, the possibilities are endless...

2 comments:

  1. I really expected this post to be about vibrators. Not sure I could have been more wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I figured someone would think that, but I went with the title anyway. Of course it's fitting that you're the one that thought that. haha.

    ReplyDelete