12.16.2008

Turning World

Sitting here, rummaging through my thoughts
on a crispy afternoon.
Wait, did I say crispy?
I meant crisp, the kind that comes after rain.

And it was raining yesterday,
bullets pounding into the earth.
Destroying the old, revealing the new.
Rebirth and even more rebirth.

A process I know quite well.

So much to teach, so much to learn.
We always find this out,
and the world continues to turn.
and the past continues to burn.

And still I stand firm.
In who I am.
In who You've made me to be.
On the trail that's right for me.
And in You, I am free.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words on my blog... I never got to write back and thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I hope all is well with you, and it was good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Set this to the tune of "Jack & Diane" and you got yourself a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like crispy afternoon better.

    Oh, and the rhetorical Greek term for self-correcting, as you did in the fourth line of the 1st stanza? Epanorthosis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anthony is always teaching me new stuff everyday, haha.

    ReplyDelete