5.03.2011

This is Your Brain on Work

Remember that old drug commercial with the egg in the frying pan? You know, the "this is your brain on drugs" spiel? Yeah, yeah...that's my brain right now. But switch drugs with work.

I realized (spoiled brat that I am) I haven't worked since the end of February. I started my new job yesterday and I see a lot of good things about it. But the hard part is in the next few weeks: I have to know all the policies and procedures about the University, their requirements and financial aid.

It was once of those moments out of a movie where my boss handed me a stack of books filled with information we have to know.

Realistically, I don't have to know it all. Of course not. I'm not a computer or a robot or anything of that nature. But the perfectionist in me wants to be a robot. I gotta tell myself to calm down...seriously, Ash, you're not made outta metal.

What's good is, I like my boss (he's suuuuuuper laid back) and I like a coworker that I've met (I meet the other two members of my team next week). You can't ask for better than that! The rest will all fall into place...

7 comments:

  1. I once saw a magnet that had one of those "this is your brain on drugs" pictures. Except it had an additional picture that said "This is your brain on drugs with a side of bacon."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe. I love it. Bippity boppity bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh. that's how i feel but with work and school. that deathly combination is turning my brain to mush.

    and to answer your question. nope, i don't have a mac. just a crappy little acer that gets the job done. but boy, do i wish i had one. oh the videos i could make!

    i really think that britts know and are amazing at everything. they just own it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will be an expert in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll know more than your boss in no time! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it's important to like the people you work with. BTW, I love the last song you chose. That's the one I'd have chosen.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, don't I know the feeling. If it weren't for work, I COULD ...

    ReplyDelete