5.05.2011

Favorite Thing Thursday

These are a few of my favorite things...



1. Tea Time

Picnik collage

I love Tea Time...I do, I do, I dooooooo! Especially tea of the English variety. The sorority I was in (college days, people) had an alumni event complete with schmancy china, finger foods and great teas.



2. Americanized Cinco de Mayo Celebrations


Ask an American the significance of Cinco de Mayo and they'll either shrug or mumble something about Mexican independence. In fact, I've heard that Cinco de Mayo gets little recognition in Mexico. Yet, we celebrate, have a beer with our street tacos and dedicate festivals to the day. heh. Bless our little uneducated hearts and overall ambivalence in caring about significance. Sometimes I love America's absurdity. Because we can be absurd.



3. Baby Nephews



That's me going "What's my name?" and Sebastian answering with "Aunt Ashy." Melt. My. ♥.

5 comments:

  1. LIKE this post a lot. Especially the tea, especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am hugely jealous of your English tea party!!

    2. Did you just give me the Vs? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love tea parties, any kind of celebration and yes, they do melt our hearts, don't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so young money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, even if it's absurd! Beer on the streets is my kind of festival!

    ReplyDelete