5.15.2011

Part Four: Antalya, Turkey & a Farewell

Almost forgot to post the last pictures from my stay in Turkey! So here is Antayla, a city on the southwest coast of Turkey.

IMG_1395

The Mediterranean is by far my favorite sea.

IMG_1397

Chillin'

IMG_1410

I swam at this spot a few summers ago. It was a little too cold to swim this time around, but I was SO tempted.



Picnik collage

The many faces of Bartu, my new baby cousin...isn't he precious?


Cool tile in my cousin Leylan's kitchen. Turkish people opt for interesting tile throughout the house.

Park by the sea.

My two cousins Bertan and Leylan (surrounding me) and Bertan's wife.

View from the window every morning I woke up...

...which warmed up my soul, after being a bit distressed from making the decision not to stay in Turkey. Antalya was my last stop before flying back home, so I felt bittersweet while staying there. Still, I knew coming home was the right decision.

Turkey will always be there for me, a home away from home, and I will always go back throughout my life. Sometimes timing is off, but in actuality it may be perfect, even when it doesn't seem that way. I feel content to be back in San Diego. And I have no regrets for trying to live in Turkey. I think what I'm proud of myself for is trying. I tried.

I know exactly who I am and exactly where I should be, and there's something comforting in reaching that place. I wouldn't have gotten to that state of mind if I didn't first try for Turkey. Funny how life pans out...never as we plan it.

11 comments:

  1. That place looks absolutely beautiful! And while I seldom gush about babies, your cousin is suuuper cute. What amazing eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I hope he keeps those eyes, since some babies don't keep the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, beautiful, adorable little boy, i want that tile in my house.

    the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous area! I don't think I made it to that part of turkey when I visited. I went to Bodrum penisula - is that near by? Seriously, my geography is terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been fun to travel along with you and learn though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deidre--Bodrum is about an hour and a half plane ride away, completely on the west coast. Antalya is more on the southern coast, but still to the west.

    I also love Bodrum :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh your cousin is soo soo soooo cuteeee!! and that view! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love the Chucks photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey - found you from your comment on Emily Jane's blog. Really appreciated it! Looks like you're having fun, and oh, what a precious baby. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how
    could i subscribe for a weblog website? The account aided me a
    applicable deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright clear
    concept
    Visit my weblog creating a search engine friendly website

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was recommended this website through my cousin. I'm no longer sure whether this put up is written via him as no one else recognize such specific about my problem. You are incredible! Thanks!
    Feel free to surf my web-site - http://bostaditurkiet.net/

    ReplyDelete