5.29.2011

Roommates vs. Lesbian Lovers

So, I've been apartment hunting with my good friend Lainey.

We went on an apartment tour yesterday, and obviously the landlord thought Lainey was more than just my roommate. Cause this is what he said:

"If you look to your left you'll see a rose garden, so you two can pick flowers for each other."

(pause for awkward silence)

"Or...errrrr...your boyfriends can pick flowers for you!"

Lainey and I were trying not to crack up at this point. Nice trying to save yourself, Mr. Landlord, but you failed.

For the record, Lainey and I have a chihuahua named Churro living with us. I mean, I guess that somehow screams gay couple. At least I'll give him that.

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha! "Where you can pick flowers for each other?" Who even says that. Hehe. Thanks for giving my morning such a brilliant start! And Churro? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,
    I have recently discovered your blog and I am a big fan. This post is so funny! Just out of curiosity, what made you think of the name for your blog?

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Rachel...I think I just liked the idea of unraveling and losing a little control. And I like the song :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahhahah. oooh i love this story. if only you had secretly filmed the landlord so i could have seen his awkward face when he realized you weren't lesbians. have you seen baby mama? your title reminded me of the scene when amy and tina are in birthing class and their instructor says "and our mommies and mommies, wesbian mudders."
    aaaand finally, to answer your question, i don't think dawn kinnard is british, she was born in the states, but she sounds british doesn't she?
    you're SO lucky to have gone to a jason mraz concert for only a dollar. SO SOOOO lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha that's so funny!!!
    Thank you for your comment :) Apartment hunting is so exciting!! I also liked your post below. I absolutely agree. Whenever I get too overwhelmed I get a haircut and clean my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahah! very funny story! thanks for making me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...i would not have been able to hold it in, that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah that is hilarious! i tagged along with my friend yesterday when she went house hunting... i wouldnt be surprised if they had the same response!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOLsssss I would've burst into explosive series of laughter :D

    ReplyDelete