4.10.2012

The Best Burger I've Ever Had. Period.

Look, I know I've only lived 27 years. But hey--that's a decent amount of time to taste a lot of burgers. When I heard about Slater's 50/50, and their famous half-beef, half-bacon burger (ground into the same patty), I knew it was my duty to try out such a fabulous combination!

IMG_2391
My burger, which came with a fried egg, chipotle mayo and avocado mash. My conclusion: this is the food they serve in heaven (errrr, carnivore heaven).

IMG_2385.jpg_effected
IMG_2387
And I get a beer? Well aren't I the luckiest girl in the world?

IMG_2390.JPG_effected

We also ordered sweet potato fries with a pumpkin dip...genius!


This seems to only be a Cali branch of burgers, but what a great representation of what the WEST COAST has to offer. I challenge you East Coasters and Southerners to show me something better! Oh, I may have just started the next civil war...

Liberty Station
2750 Dewey Road Building 193
San Diego, CA 92106

19 comments:

  1. OH.MY.GOSH.
    ashley. i need this burger in my life asap. ahhhhh. i need it so bad. IT LOOKS LIKE HEAVEN. I WANT HEAVEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BACON MIXED IN THE MEAT.
    I JUST CAN'T GET OVER IT.
    LIKE I CAN'T. I JUST READ THIS POST AGAIN.
    THAT'S HOW MUCH I WANT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dare you post this when I'm hungry! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUST. GO. HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Never heard of such a combination in a burger but it sounds delicioussss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you eat that thing all by yourself?? :-)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attempted...and failed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good thing they don't have them here- I definitely wouldn't be a vegetarian for much longer! I'll have to tell my husband about it, he's always going to America for work and is obsessed with burgers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have skipped the egg, but the rest of the burger sounds awesome, epsecially paired with sweet potato fries! Sooooo goood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly the egg added A LOT! haha. It was magical :)

      Delete
  10. Holy Burger...hahahahaha!!
    Now I"m craving a good big glass of beer with some other good stuff...hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely need to get that egg burger in me - I tried a similar one at Rock Bottom and loved it, but I've yet to try it with a bacon patty. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you go to Slater's 50/50 already? I thought you wrote a post on it...

      Delete
    2. I did, but I got the standard Peanut Butter Jeallousy (which was amazing) and it had a regular patty, not 50/50.

      Delete
  12. damn. i don't eat meat (let alone red meat) but damn. i'm officially craving it :)

    xo alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sweet potato fries look so yummy!

    P.S. I agree about purple being the best colour in the world! :)

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw 'best burger ever' on your side bar, and knew I had to click to take a look.

    I may be drooling a little.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete