12.30.2010

Favorite Thing Thursday: 2010 Favorites

2010, You definitely brought me some favorite moments, experiences and things. And here they are:



1. 500 Days of Summer

Have you ever watched a movie that spoke directly to your soul and caused you to reevaluate your life, and even prompted you to make some changes?? YEAH, ALL FROM A MOVIE.

Despite the fact that I'm a complete sucker for art in all its forms, I know a lot of people that feel the same way about this film. It is now in my Top 5 Favorite Films List, right behind High Fidelity (for all the same reasons). And yeah, I know it came out in 2009, but I watched it 2010.*here's my review for the movie.














2. Cruisin'

2010 brought my first adventure on the high seas with my friend (and travel buddy) Colleen! It was the best cheesy fun I could have had: learning the Thriller Dance on the Lido Deck, eating buffet style with married couples by our side, having a few too many drinks and braving karaoke (to the tune of "The Way You Make Me Feel").

Some of the best moments included an uncoordinated Ashley trying to balance on heels while the ship was swaying (ha, that was a challenge). Even though I spent about 2 weeks battling vertigo after the cruise, it was still worth it! *here's my full post on my cruise adventures.













3. Letting Go of Baggage (Slowly)

Yes, this is most definitely a favorite thing of mine, and one that I've done pretty well in 2010. If you've read this post, then you know where I'm coming from. 2010 has been the year that I really started to let go of a past heartache. I've come to the conclusion that my letting-go process is much slower than the rest of the world's. I cannot jump from man to man without damaging myself; rather, as an introvert (refer to # 8) I need time to think and unload all my thoughts and feelings. And when it's over something so big and profound as an emotionally-draining relationship, then for me, it seriously takes years. Well, this was the year that I've been able to "brush that dirt of my shoulder." (Thanks Jay Z).






4. The Return of Captain E.O.

My favorite 3-D show at Disneyland returned in 2010 in honor of Michael Jackson's death. In March, as a birthday present to myself, I took a trip to Disneyland pretty much solely for this 80s dance-extravaganza masterpiece. It. Was. Exhilarating.

Captain E.O. STILL dominates!!!!















5. Learning to C.A.R.E.

This was the first year that I joined a ministry at my church I could really stand behind, the Cancer C.A.R.E. (Compassion, Awareness, Resources, Encouragement) Ministry. It is a simple, yet essential idea: we fix the cancer patients meals, take them to appointments, pray for them and lend an overall support during a devastating time. I have never felt so needed, or so helpful in my life. This is a ministry in where we are truly God's hands. People worry about SAVING THE WORLD and all the complexities that comes with such a bold statement. My response is, start small! I have a small part in healing the world's problems, and it feels good.



6. Sexy Pointing

Let it be known that in October 2010 Adam Levine pointed at me from the stage at the Maroon 5 concert. Yes, I will always remember the time I was sexily pointed at from Adam, and you can't take that away from me!!!!!







7. Miss Dior Cherie

I have been in love with this perfume ALL YEAR. When will the love affair stop?!?







8. Having An 'A-Ha' Moment

This has been a year of great self-discovery. One step closer to enlightenment, right? I learned this year that (one) I am an Introvert, (two) there's nothing wrong with that and (three) this explains SO MUCH ABOUT MYSELF. Thanks Emily Jane for posting on this :) Read my full Ah-Ha moment here.




9. My Best Friend's Wedding

My Homie got married this year!! I got to give it up for a beautiful relationship and the celebration of that love!

Going to see Jack get married in Nashville = one of the favorite things of my life!












10. This Blog (& All of You)

I heart you. Please stay around, my friends! And thanks for listening to worries about Turkey, love rants, rantings in general (I love that soap box), fears and the MANY MANY MANY thoughts (I'm an introvert, remember?) that I post on this here blog. What a fabulous experience having a blog is (and will continue to be).

Raise your glass to 2011! I'm ready for the ride...

10 comments:

  1. 500 DAYS OF SUMMER is my favorite movie of 2010, because I also watched it in 2010. LOVE it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant year you've had! So many awesome things. And I LOVE that "sexy pointing" made the list, lol. High five for taste in movies too - High Fidelity is one of my favourite ever! (I still cannot BELIEVE my boy fell ASLEEP!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you two commented on my movie choices :) We are one in the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round-up, lovely! Can't wait to be reunited with you again in 2011, whether it's in SD or in Turkey! It's gonna happen ;) You are the awesomes.

    Your Oven GF x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, happy New Year, Ash!

    You reminded me about Captain EO. Is it still playing?? Gosh, I remember watching that in 3D when I went to Disneyland in 5th grade. It was sooo cool!!!

    Do you remember the carousel of progress?? It was one of my favorites. Watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKz6qdexetY

    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." :-)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying reading peoples' yearly wrap-ups, and I like how introspective (and not introverted) yours is. Oh, and I love 500 Days of Summer, though I most definitely to not love Zooey Deschanel. Pfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. you don't like zooey??? WHY? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and i think of you whenever i hear maroon 5!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, loved 500 days of summer and thoroughly believe cruising is the BEST way to travel.

    However, I've never seen Captain EO. EEKKKKKK. I can't believe it. Deprived? Indeed.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete