3.09.2011

Goodbye SD, My Heart Beats For You

I'm sitting here in the very still of the morning. And although my head is still in a bit of a fog, because my morning coffee isn't ready yet, it's really, really hit me: I'm leaving for Turkey today. TODAY.

Saying goodbye to everyone has been a draining process, but it has also been a reminder of the solid friend base and family that I'm so lucky to have. It shows that even children from broken homes can still create family around them; furthermore, I'll be able to create a new family in Turkey once I'm there.

Because the places, the buildings, the ruins, the change of scenery--that will all be immensely interesting to explore. But it's the people that will capture my heart. And it's the people I'm leaving behind that leave me heartbroken at the moment.

San Diego, you are a beautiful city and my hometown, and I will miss you. But what I'll really miss is what lives inside of you: my family, my heart.

Next time you'll hear from me, I'll be somewhere newwwwwww!

7 comments:

  1. good luck and God bless you in your traveling, working, building relationships and playing!!

    looking forward to hearing from you from the OTHER side of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,

    I've been peeking at your blog for a while now, and I just wanted to say good luck in Turkey! My Turkish wife and I live in Seattle, but are planning on relocating to Turkey sometime soon. I look forward to your future posts, and wish you good luck in a new land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW and good luck! Can't wait to read about the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to all your new adventures! Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! YAY! I'm so excited for you, Ashley! I cannot wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delurking to wish you bon voyage, and the best of luck on your adventure. Looking forward to following this chapter in your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodbye! We will miss you!

    Oh, I've never actually met you, and you will still write online. How awkward.

    ReplyDelete