5.17.2008

Escape into music...

I added a few new songs on the right, listen if you'd like. Chances are you know these three songs pretty well:
  1. "Freedom" by George Michael: I love the, well, freedom of this song. And it goes along with my spirit right now...a newly graduated, strong, life-lovin' girl. Best lines in the song: All we have to do now/ is take these lies and make them true somehow/ all we have to see/ is I don't belong to you/ and you don't belong to me...FREEDOM!"
  2. "Portions for Foxes" by Rilo Kiley: I adore this song, because I related to it for awhile. Girls get stuck in this kind of rut all the time. Why do we fall for dumb asses so much? The desperation in her voice captures the mood of wanting to get out of a situation you're stuck in. Best lines: "Cause your just damage control/ for a walking corpse like me, like you...cause we'll all be/portions for foxes."
  3. "Day in the Life" by The Beatles: The melody of this song is beautiful. But it's no secret that the Beatles are masters of melody. It has become one of my favorite Beatles songs. Pretty, serene, sad, compelling...it's my kind of song, for sure.

11 comments:

  1. hey hey ... congratulations! bravo. good things to you! i really like rilo kiley. their 'execution of all things' was quite fantastic. i think you know my views on the fab four (ugh) so i won't say anything about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, raindog, fair enough. Who IS your favorite band, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to see Rilo Kiley next week and I'm seeing George Michael in July. SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I jealous felicia!!! haha, george michael would be an absolute blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure this Felicia lass may agree, the following is george michael at his finest. although it is double tough to pass up on a little "freedom '90". now this is a problem I am more than happy to have. anywho...enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQtlrBziyzI

    "so I'm never gonna dance again, the way I danced with you-ooooh" Oustanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Toastie...yes I know that song, mainly from easy listening stations, haha. But I've always enjoyed the lyrics, although a little cheesy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. that's a tough question. how about i give you my top 5 for a rainy day? :)

    velvet underground, the strokes, yo la tengo, tool, band of horses

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second I read the words "Freedom by George Michaels" my brain started a loop of the song in my head. I will be cursing your name as I slowly go insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that GM song will always be a classic. congrats on the graduation festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!

    George Michael and the Beatles... RAWK ON AND ROCK OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Day In The Life: glorious song. I'm not familiar with the other two, but I found them "not terrible."

    ReplyDelete