5.26.2008

I'm a Graduate!


I look...smart. And for a month and a half I get to relax, thanks to good ol' mom and dad. And I need to relax for awhile! After that month and a half, the job search begins. DUN DUN DUN. Until then, here is one of those little questionnaire thingies Frankie tagged EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM in. hehe.

A shit-ton of stuff about 8

Eight things I am passionate about:

1. Sleeping. I am very very grumpy if I do not get enough sleep. I am not one of those people who can pull all-nighters. Heck no! I believe in the power of sleep and feel Americans do not get enough!!!

2. Purple. I adore that color. I may even name my [future] daughter Violet. Yeah, I really love purple that much.

3. Chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's all I gotta say bout that.

4. Writing. It's a catharsis, it's fun, it's spiritual, it's beautiful, it's poetic and much more. It's hard to not be passionate about something that can be so many things.

5. Turkey. I really freakin' love that country. It is my happy place. ALL OF YOU SHOULD GO VISIT AND SEE THE BEAUTY THAT IS TURKEY (not the bird, you jokesters!)

6. God and spirituality. I would never push this issue on anyone; however, at this time in my life I have made a choice to become more spiritual. It can be no one's choice but your own. I feel like weights have been lifted off of me as devote my life to teachings of love and understanding. Truly.

7. Hugs. I love being held. Not everyone is good at kissing, but it's pretty tough to mess up hugging (although it can be done). I'm a touchy, huggy person. It's kind of hard to avoid me all you non-touchy people...I WILL hug you. And you will hug me back because I am adorable. (and humble, apparently)

8. Friends and Family. Relationships I have with others are extremely important to me. I cherish my friendships and am always working on keeping them strong and vibrant. You always need someone to turn to in difficult times...I make sure to have the best of the best.

Eight things I want to do before I die:

1. TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL and MORE TRAVEL. I heart traveling, it makes me extremely happy!! My roommate calls it wanderlust. I call it "I will kill myself if I don't see some new scenery soon, dammit!" I must go to Italy, France, Ireland, Spain, Australia and, let's see...EVERYWHERE, before I die!

2. Get a book published. I'm copying Frankie here. I want to one day make a children's book. A good one.

3. Get married. And do it the right way--not as an act of desperation or a way to fulfill a dream since I was a girl...but to marry a man that compliments me to the highest degree. Someone that, ultimately, I wouldn't want to live without. Why get married otherwise?

4. Have kids. Not a ton of them. But I love kids, and I know I will be an outstanding mom. I just have to be in a place where I'm less selfish.

5. Truly live. Not sit around watching pointless T.V. that has been going down the drain the last 5 years (except for Project Runway...I love that show!). I want to climb things, see things, get out and get inspired.

6. Help others. The heart cannot be satisfied when you just live for yourself. Whether it charity, or simply aiding a friend, I want to strive to become more selfless.

7. Dance as much as possible...everywhere possible. I love dancing. It frees the soul, it livens the body. I will accomplish dancing as much as possible while traveling as much as possible.

8. Become super wise by living an action-packed, amazing life. Need I say more?

Eight things I say often:

1. Really?

2. Fool!

3. Oooo...Purple!

4. Gangsta-status.

5. Smashing!

6. That's so pretty.

7. Oh, Lord or Oh, God (sarcastically).

8. Let's Dance!

Eight books I've read recently:

1. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (in progress)

2. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and His Boy

3. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

4. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew

5. Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities

6. The Bible (in progress)

7. Out of Sync (by Lance Bass. Yes, I actually read this)

8. Pride & Prejudice

Eight movies I've seen eight times:

1. Office Space

2. High Fidelity

3. My Best Friend's Wedding

4. Bridget Jones' Diary

5. The Little Mermaid

6. Across the Universe

7. Remember the Titans

8. Independence Day (cause when it's on TV, you HAVE to watch it!)

Eight people who should do this meme:

Anthony, Raindog, Toastie, Katrin, Rachel (as in my pug angel friend), Felicia, Rubber Soul and Thomas.

15 comments:

  1. Now I want a hug and there's no one around :(



    And Turkey sounds awfully nice. With gravy. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels compelled to watch Independence Day whenever it is on in all it's glory.

    Hugs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY GRADUATON! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! its funny that you mention independence day. i feel the same way. its not a great movie, but i'm-a watchin whenever its on.

    are you reading the chronicles of narnia in the original (author's) sequence or the revamped line up? just curious. personally, i'll always go with the original. i'll get my list up in a couple days.

    and again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I am reading the original sequence, because everything is making sense, and I wouldn't be getting Prince Caspian as well if I hadn't read the 3 before it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on graduating! Enjoy your month and so off. Go buy yourself something purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! Best Wishes!! I look forward to reading about your upcoming adventures...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I have to say , a woman always looks the most beautiful when she's in her happiest moments: with that cap and gown and something about that angle of refinement, you look absolutely gorgeous. Kinda' like a 50's movie star thing going on.

    Meme? Sure, superstar. It'll get me back into the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on graduating!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats, now you can join the rest of us in "livin' the dream", going to work everyday until you're retired. sigh...

    But, I do hope you get out there and truly live as you put it. When you have the chance to do so it makes my aforementioned "livin' the dream" worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I love High Fidelity and that Sorority book is on my list "to read!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Ashley! Good Job!

    So you tag me for a meme like this, right after I posted 101 things about myself? Thanks, girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with Katrin on this one as I just posted 50 things about myself but I will do it since you asked, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your 8 things made me smile. Although you're half my age and female, we are a lot alike. Really. stop laughing.


    aww, dammit....

    ReplyDelete