10.05.2008

Nonsense on a Sunday Morning

The fashion industry is really pushing to make purple the trendy color of the season. I simply think they saw my blog and got some ideas. Purple has always been the best color! Fools.

Anyway...I've been a little absent this week. I feel like I've been driving everywhere in San Diego. And yesterday I drove to L.A., cause my mom really wanted to go eat at the Ivy, a popular restaurant there. I did it mostly for her cause I've never been a huge fan of L.A.--too much people, too much traffic, too much hype. Although one day I would love to visit the Getty (I heart museums).

I'm kinda being random today, I realize. What else to do on a Sunday? I could bring up politics, but really I've become apathetic. This may be the first election where I won't bother voting for president, but only propositions--if that EVEN makes a difference. To say that I've lost faith in the system is an understatement. Because we (the People) don't control the system...and if you haven't figure that out yet, you will with time.

11 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you mean by losing faith in the system. But you should still vote, even if our voices prove to be very tiny. Have you ever thought of working for someone's campain or in politics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe...if I belived in someone enough to stand behind them like that. But there's no one candidate that I completely support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should really look at other politicans that may fall within your moral compass. Senators, Congresspeople, even city council members create change in our country as well and always need people to work for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was The Ivy then? I've heard so much hype about it, but never if it was any good.

    There will be photos of the final performance eventually =) In the meantime I've put up some pics of us being silly in various costumes!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  5. kinda random today are we? would you like to list your top five side ones, track ones now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jackie--the Ivy was cute insdie, kind of like a cottage. I'd like to think it was french-inspired. I only got a salad, but it was an amzing salad at that. With beets, cucumbers, walnuts, fennels, totmatoes and other random things that made it taste awesome! We didn't see any stars though.

    raindog--you know it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm, interesting. The Ivy used to be THE place to go, but I wonder if it really still is... some people only go for the pomp and celebrity value.

    I don't do poetry in my creative writing course, this one's specifically for prose - it's called Questions of Narrative. Good thing too - I'm terrible at poetry!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will tell you that the Ivy was incredibly crowded. Was it worth the hype? Not necessarily...it was cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd feel a lot better about things if we got rid of the Electoral College. Doing that 8 years ago would have changed history...probably for the better, although it's hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Ivy is overrated... you should have gone to Luque's instead ;)

    YOU MUST VOTE... it's such a privilege. Don't take it for granted. and BTW - vote NO on Prop H8te!

    ReplyDelete