4.17.2011

My All Time, Top 5

In true Rob Gordon fashion, I thought it would be fun every now and again to do a Top 5 list. I know Donny sympathizes with me.

So, just to catalogue it, here are my Top 5 favorite concerts that I've attended in my life:


5. The Fray (The Fray Summer Tour, 2009): To be honest, I didn't expect a lot from this band, but they kind of blew me away. Some bands are just really good at live performances, and The Fray put some kind of mellow trance over their audience. I felt refreshed and energized after the concert.


4. Foo Fighters (Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace Tour, 2008): This was the first time I went to a concert and was only feet away from the stage. What an experience! Dave Grohl commands the stage like a boss, and I was delighted to be close enough to literally feel Dave's sweat. Kind of gross, but why not brag?


3. Robyn (All Hearts Tour, 2010): Another concert where we were lucky enough to be right by the stage. Robyn held my hand at one point (YEAH, held my hand). That pint-sized blondie is a FORCE to be reckoned with. Hard to take your eyes off of her. And she adores her fans.


2. A tie between Justin Timberlake (FutureSex/LoveShow, 2007) and Maroon 5 (Hands All Over Tour, 2010): I know it's a cop out to list two shows, but this is one where I can't decide! We caught Justin's show at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, and Justin was brighter than the strip. I was mesmerized by his dance moves, his voice, the lasers and the fact that I was in the same room (er, stadium) as my first love! Fast forward to Maroon 5. I was in love with the energy of this concert. Adam Levine sounded perfect. Oh, and there was that time during the encore when he pointed at me. I will never forget being sexily pointed at.


1. Smokey Robinson (Live at the Del Mar Fair, 2009): Motown Legend. True seasoned perfromer. Charming as hell. Nuff said.


There are a few concerts that almost made the list: Boyz II Men, Incubus and John Mayer.

9 comments:

  1. Robyn is high on my list of people to see, and I would lovvvve to see Smokey Robinson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley--there's a reason Smokey is #1 on my list :)

    Em--Johnny doesn't get enough credit. If nothing else, you would appreciate his guitar playing. The man is great at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! I love it, although if I may play Barry for a bit, #4 should be #1. :) You didn't ask for it, but my top 5:

    5. Band of Horses (Infinite Arms tour, 2010)
    4. Pearl Jam (Vitalogy tour, 1995)
    3. Tonny Bennett (An Evening with, 1998)
    2. Bob Dylan (Bob Dylan/Paul Simon tour, 1999)
    1. Iron Maiden (Final Frontier tour, 2010)

    I had too many to pick from (left off Foo Fighters, Jane's Addiction, NIN, Albert Collins, Nirvana, Soundgarden, original GnR, etc. ... even Bon Jovi nearly made the list because they are great performers.) Iron Maiden isn't my favorite band, but these five are the ones who truly bring an experience to their fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...you've way more greats than me!!!! Love it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait, JT tied with Maroon 5????? I saw that JT tour when pink opened...it was fun! the best part was timbaland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because JT and Adam are my two sexy boyfriends. I'm a polygamist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to copy this list, now that I have some time to catch up on my blogging life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! And I am jealous that you saw Smokey. And I believe that Fray concert was when we first met, and how we both really wanted to hear "Look After You" for the encore. Great show!

    ReplyDelete