5.13.2009

Adventures of Ashley and the Creeper

Two nights ago, I was at a cafe, and this emo looking boy sitting at the next table turns to me and stares right at me.

Obviously, I'm a bit creeped out, but I avoid eye contact and continue chatting with my friends. Then he leans over and asks, "Do you dye your hair?"

I answer, "Umm...yes."

The guy, whom I shall call Creeper, replies," Oh. Well what color is it naturally?"

Me, getting frustrated: " A little darker."

Creeper: "Well, I used to be a blonde, but I dyed my hair black. Does it fit me?"

Me: "Uhhhhh, sure."

Creeper, holding up a hand to wave: "Ok, well bye then."

WTF?!? Like, what the hell was that? The most disturbing thing was the severity of this guy's eye contact, like he was trying to steal my soul or something. You can't have my soul, creeper!!!

The last time I had an awkward convo like this was when some chick asked to take a picture of my eye.

I attract weirdos sometimes.

6 comments:

  1. You know, there was a Scooby-Doo villain called "The Creeper".

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was definitely trying to steal your soul. I'm glad you didn't fall for it.

    P.S. I'm so glad you're passing on the NSYNC love to the younger generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, its a strange week for the both of us. my office is in the worst part of downtown and yesterday i had a random guy shouting obscenities my way, threatening to beat my ass for looking at him, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you had a run-in with Adam Lambert, eh?

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Do you dye your hair?"

    Best pickup line ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a new laptop recently. After setting it up in a cafe somewhere, a strange, tall and lank man came over to tell me that it's silly for one of the ports on the computer to exist. He then waddled away.

    People are odd, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete