5.04.2009

You think you's a wise guy?

This past month I've had three people tell me I'm wise, and a strong girl. And they used those exact words.

Wise? Seriously? I don't often feel wise. And I've made some pretty dumb ass decisions. I think I just must give good advice, cause I'm not so sure all my actions have reflected wisdom.

And strong? haha, not sure about that one.

If I am either of those two, it is because I've learned from the past. And when I learn from the past, I REALLY learn. I don't repeat the same mistake twice. Nahhhh-uhhhh.

Anyway, whether or not I can believe those compliments, I am still flattered by them. *blush*

This weekend was great weekend. I had no real plans, so everything was kinda spontaneous. This lead to ending up at an awesome beach bonfire where we played Ultimate Cabbage (yes, you heard right) and watched some fireworks going off at Sea World next to the beach. I always love those fireworks that are gold and sparkly, and look like they are raining down magic dust to the earth below.

The next day, I kid you not, I went to a hippie fair at Balboa Park. I've been to a hippie fair once before--the Summer Solstice in Santa Barbara. And when I mean hippie fair, I mean vegan food, long flowly skirts, grown adults dressed as fairies, "Zen" booths and the like. So maybe it's not officially called "Hippie Fair 2009" or anything. But close enough. Why be PC about it?

Overall a good weekend with conversations about spirituality and life. I am...refreshed. Just realized I sound like a hippie. Go figure.

12 comments:

  1. People in California know it's 2009 right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, is that a Hippie Fair or is that a Tori Amos concert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare I ask what Ultimate Cabbage is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think Ultimate Frisbee, but with a cabbage. My hands were stained purple. And why the cabbage, you ask? Cause the boys thought of it, and they are boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never have read such a wise post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. perhaps you're an old soul, thus making others feel as though you are wise. seriously, look into it. the "symptoms" (for lack of a better term) that comprise the old soul could very well fit your personality.

    how can I possibly know this about you???? I guess we can sense our own is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heh heh...you may be onto something, toast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those type of fireworks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how can you not be wise? i mean, come on, it's ultimate cabbage, *the* game of the wise and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe you were suited up, so they thought you were a wiseguy, you know, a goodfella (fellerina).

    Fuggedaboutit!

    It's a good sign that you blush.

    Where is Balboa Park? That's kinda where I live here, but I think you mean closer to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha, anthony...we have a balboa park in SD next to downtown. It is my fave place in San Diego because there are always events/museums there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have had people tell me that a lot lately as well. what's up with that? i don't think i'm either one, really. sometimes, i have moments of brilliance and stuff, but not enough to be considered wise or strong.

    ReplyDelete