7.08.2006

With Open Arms

Ahhhh, I took a fabulous nap today. I don't take naps often, so they are special jewels when they come along.

Sadly, Jaclyn and I cannot go to Colorado due to extreme circumstances...sort of a bummer, but I will live. Jack and I will just have to take a raincheck. Someday, we will travel to great places... once we are makin' the big bucks, hear that Jack?

Anyway, to change topics, I realized that school is approaching much sooner than I realized. It scared me initially, cause I'm really enjoying this summer. Like, I'm REALLY enjoying how deliciously lazy this summer has been. But I'm also ready in a way. Ready to learn again and get back into the groove. There's only so much vegging you can do before you feel completely useless. I'm ready to gain some real knowledge again. One more month of laziness will be perfect before the work begins.

And because I feel like bringing it up...let me tell you what I think about Sweater Guy. I like him still. I still have feelings. I still hang out with him. But you know what's good? I don't freak out anymore if he doesn't call me. I don't start pulling out my hair if I don't see him for awhile.

Cause I realized--yay me--that a friendship needs to be built between us. What's the point of jumping into a relationship with someone you don't know? There's not a point.

And once we have a good friendship, and there's still something there, then we can act on it. I'm not in a hurry anymore. Why stress over something I can't control?

I know, I'm smart.

He's still incredibly beautiful. I'll give him that.

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree. You are smart, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've got the sweater guy situation figured out. If he knows whats good for him he'll figure it out too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A certain amount of laziness is required for one to assess one's feelings of the past.

    Too bad you can't take your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete