1.23.2006

Gossip is just gossip, and nothing more...

I learned yesterday that someone at work was making negative comments about me. They said "Ashley never works. All she does is talk to Michael all day."

Ok, so that's partly true. When I first starting working at this job...I was such a great little worker. And eventually they made me a supervisor. That's when my working habits started to slip. And the fact that I have been there FOREVER and the job is SO repetitive, that I've been bored with it. I mean, this is why I am going to college--to get a job that will challenge me and keep me happier (duh!).

But to say I never work? Simply not the truth. I would obviously get fired if I never worked.

Anyway, after I learned of this trivial gossip, I went to Michael to tell him (Michael is a manager, by the way). I expected him to say something to the effect of "Well, yeah, you do talk to me a lot. You know it's true..."

However, after I told Michael, he looked up at me, smiled and said, "Don't worry. They're just jealous."

And that is why I love Michael. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment