5.23.2005

Life Gives Me a Headache

Sometimes I forget that my mom is 64. It really does slip my mind at times.

Today, I remembered. I had to take my mom to the emergency room today. Nothing serious was wrong...she just had some sharp pains in her head. Better safe than sorry and all those sayings, you know?

It's just always been engrained and engraved and welded into my mind that my parents will magically be there for ever. Like we somehow like in a Tuck Everlasting world and all we have to do is drink some potion and poof! Hello life forever! That, however, is not the case.

It's something I know, but at the same time something I almost choose to not acknowledge. It's a little too painful to think about. Like, when my parents made a living will and told me that they would prefer to be cremated. I just burst into tears. They probably could have said that they wanted to be buried, or flung off a cliff, and I would have had the same reaction.

It's just, where would I be without my mom? I can't even express that thoughts in words here. It's too complicated to discuss.

Well, I know that someday, somehow I'll have to accept it. But right now I'm gonna rest my head and my thoughts. It's amazing how tiring being in the ER for 4 hours can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment